maples to allen bradley 1400

irondesk40

Anyone had any experience with the maples displays? We are looking at using one on a project. Never used one, so dont know how reliable they are, from after searching the net, they appear to be very good units. Cost is hard to beat for touch screen color. I know some say develop your own using vb or some other type software, but when the software is only $75, looks promising. Looking at using it with one of the new AB 1400 plcs.
HMI5043T​

Search my old threads you should find a lot of helpful information on this type of setup. Just type Mtech in the search box.

Yes they are reliable HMI not so up there with graphics and all, but we have had 6 of them in a control room for 14 years and maybe replace 2-3 after 10 years of use. I’m doing the conversions from 500 to 5000 due to a shortage of printers that we are using. I don’t know how they do on a open plant floor where wash downs are a daily thing. I’ve heard they are Abs biggest competition.