New one

my compony has got a red lion PLC (CSMSTRSX master,Pid1,8=CSTC8)
Now i am told to hook it up to a chamber for testing. the problem is it has been a while since i played with C language or PLC's. My problem is i am linking and everything works with the data card and getting the desk top operator panel over the internet. but i can not get the pid modual to control the chamber to the set points i am putting in the program. my set point is staying at 25 C. i am trying to get the the plc to ramp temperature over a set time. but it seems like the program is not being followed (it builds correctly with no errors). the start button goes on and off but the set point will not go to 15C like i want to in the program. so my button is not linked to call the program or i am not down loading correctly. any suggestions would be helpful for this newbie.
thank youo_O

You may want to zip your file and attach it to a post so that the experts can have a look at what you've got. I have not used the modular controller myself, but I am familiar with Crimson 3.0 and the Red Lion G3 operator panels.

I am not a Crimson expert by any means, but it appears to me that you have not set up a Communications Driver.

Stu....

one more time

ok the first file sent was my start point when i started and some changes have been made since the first one. comunication between the pc and plc is fine it is downloading or linking. i can get the display page on the web. here is the lastest version. if you are referring to anyother communication i am missing, a better or complete sentace would help. any other suggestions. i do not think the start button is working and it is not starting with set points in the program "profile1". i am not seeing no type of ramp over the set time either.

still new and the learning curve is coming along.

thank you :(

referrencing register

hey Jeromy, how do you reference the register which determines how the pid acts. in the ramp and soak tech note, it shows a SegnnMode. now setting register one,two,six and seven will change how the pid will function. so if i want to set bit 7 in the register, i would map Seg07Mode and then put in the top of my program Tag9 = 0x01; to set time to minutes. is this right or?

PS sorry about the name being miss spelled.

You would need to map a tag to the mode value on which segment you want. For example if you want to adjust the mode of segment one you would map a tag to Seg01Mode. Then if you want to set this segment's ramp in minutes you would set bit 7 of this word high.

Thanks
Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom