Pv1000 dh+

mariusem

Lifetime Supporting Member
icon19.gif
I need some help with programming a PV1000 DH+ and a ControlLogix 5000. I had no problems with a PLC 5 but this one is giving me headaches.o_O Although the screen is connected to a DH+RIO card in a CLX 5000 rack and I can see it in RSLinx, I cannot talk to it. Do I need to have MSG instructions to map the bits? I wish I had a better screen but this is what I have and I have to use. Can someone tell me how I could possibly achieve this? Thank you

Please post the full part number of your Panelview. The firmware in the Panelview (if it is a standard) may also come into play with regard to accessing Controllogix tags. Also, PLC/SLC tag mapping may be of use to you.

It is also very useful if you can post copies of your application(s). Zip them first (right click the file, send to compressed folder), then attach to a post in this thread.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

There's a very detailed Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase document on the subject, Answer ID # 18034 (TechConnect required).

The basics are this: you use the PLC/SLC Mapping feature in the ControlLogix to emulate basic PLC-5 data tables, like "N7:0" and "B3:1/10".

The 1756-DHRIO module will accept local DH+ messages and send them to the "CPU Slot Number" you define for the channel. This limits you to DH+ access to a single CPU in the 1756 backplane.

So just write your application as though it was talking to a PLC-5, and create Array tags (INTs or REALs only) in the ControlLogix that will emulate those data tables.