YASKAWA Sigma II Error

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi friends, anyone familiar with YASKAWA Sigma II motion controllers? I have an error reading A.03 Not getting too much from the manuals error code explanation. This happens at power up.
Sigma II SGDH-15DE
Thanks for any help

A.03 sounds like a pretty significant error, saying there's been a failure of either "circuit board 1 or circuit board 2". There's only two circuit boards inside the SIGMA II, so that doesn't narrow it down much.

I actually have four YET XTraDrives on my desk, which are an obsolete Israeli-made cousin of the Sigma II. One of them is black with smoke, one of them has damaged power bus (installer error) and the other two are cowering in fear.

My project is to make an equivalent program, connection harness, and configuration for four Yaskawa Sigma Flexible ServoPack drives, which are the Sigma II power platform with the XTraDrive's positioner functionality added.

Your drive probably needs to be replaced. There's nothing hopeful about an A.03 error code: it's just "it's broken, in an undiagnosable way".

Thanks Ken. All the engineers from the company that we lease the equipment blame it on the power spike, just the usual, but arguing that we have put in a isolation transformer on the line side that they have requested seems to only get them to “It could of still happen”. Anyway thanks again Ken I’ll add this one to my collection. :cry:
OH and good luck with your project

Last edited: