Micrologix password

Rick Dring

Our programming engineer recently left us on not very good terms. In so doing, he took all our Micrologix 1000 programs and passwords. We retreived a PLC that has our master program installed but without a password we cannot access anything. Does anybody know of a way to circumvent this password?

You could call your local AB distributor for help.

If your programming engineer has any friends left at the company, you could get one of them to call the former programmer and politely request the password. Legally, he can be held liable for any loss resulting from not giving up the password, but try kindness first.

Rockwell can get you into a SLC and probably the Micrologix too, after having you sign the right paperwork. This was done here right before I started, and it took a couple of phone calls and a couple of days from what I was told.

I agree with Lancie 2nd paragraph too.

while ab requires you to sign a lot of paperwork for the socalled master password for the slc500's, i have been told that no such password exists for the micrologix.

your ab rep may stll be able to help though, he may have some tool to unlock the program that they cannot give out to the public.

regards,
james

Our programming engineer recently left us on not very good terms. In so doing, he took all our Micrologix 1000 programs and passwords. We retreived a PLC that has our master program installed but without a password we cannot access anything. Does anybody know of a way to circumvent this password?

What do you mean he took all your programs? Do you mean he took all the electronic copies and then deleted them from wherever your company stores them? Or did he just password protect all your electronic copies? If so I would say he's liable for legal action on your part.