Factory Talk Activation with Hamachi

Old No. 7

We have a PC at our office acting as the Factory Talk Activation server. We have 10 licences but only 9 can be borrowed. If I'm in the office I can "use" the 10th licence without "borrowing" it. If I try to do this from home using Hamachi, I get a Fatal Error. If I borrow a licence that has several available it will work. I though Hamachi would act just like I was on our local network. Anyone else doing this?

Are you using a loder FT activation server/client?

There is a new one on the AB site that has worked out many of the classic bugs.

You may want to check your version because this could be a simple fix.

With Hamachi you should be a part of the network and it works for the other 9 over Hamachi then the 10th should also.

I would tend to thing this is a activation server problem more than it is a Hamachi VPN problem IMHO.