Actvation Of RSLOGIX 5_EN without Floppy

jcp

Hi experts;
A friend give me a Rslogix_en.exe file alnog with two other files named HD-Copy.exe and Mastes.IMG. He advised me run HD_copy.exe and store the Mastes.IMG file into the floppy disk. Then Install the RSLOGIX 5 after installtaion insert the floppy and move the key from A to C drive. BUt i have no floppy drive in my laptop. Can i use USB/Flash drive?
I used the USB/Flash drive to activate the RSLOGIX 5000 version 16. I found it from the Rockwell Site The file EMOVE and other for specially for the USB/Flash Drive.
But For rslogix 5 what can i do? floopy drive not available here?
PLease Help me
Regards

With all respect as you are a honorable member of plcs.net i request you to take a look at here before FIRING a post into this area. And with all respect i want to know from where "friend of you" came from ?

I will explain. My friend where work they upgrade their system from PLC 5/40 to control logix. so he give me RSLOGIX 5 i buy it from him. He told me the procedure but i have no floppy drive. What can i do?

You will need a floppy to move the original activation to your hard drive. You can purchase or borrow an external USB floppy drive or you can connect your computer to a network where there is another computer with a floppy drive, share the floppy drive, and then map a drive letter to it. But somehow you are going to have to use a floppy disk drive initially. Once you have the activation on your hard disk you can use the USB flash drive and the EVMOVECF utility to transfer the activation between computers.

The legality of what you are wanting to do is questionable at best. Most likely it is illegal - Rockwell Automation would consider that a pirated license.

look for virtual floppy drive on the internet. download the software and it will put a virtual drive on your computer that works just like the real one.

jcp, did you get a physical activation floppy disk with your Logix5? The disk will have the serial number, Rockwell logo, and the words "MASTER DISK" on it.

If you did not get a physical floppy disk and all you you have is the disk image file then you have probably been given a pirated copy of the program. If you actually paid for it you have been swindled.

If you have a legal copy and you own the physical activation floppy disk then trying to use the image as a work around for not having a floppy drive isn't going to work. You still need floppy drive hardware or a shared floppy on another networked computer for your first activation transfer because EVMOVE.EXE does not work with virtual drives or compact flash drives.

Hum !

Getting a couple of disks with images from a friend, mean almost certainly that the software is bootleg.
Despite that it may be trivial to circumvent the copy protection, any discussion of this on this forum can get Phil into trouble !
In some countries, forum owners are responsible for the discussions going on. Phil may not have to go to jail, but the forum may be banned in certain countries.

I know exactly what you are trying to do, and it is deffo illegal/pirated activation disk. Install the RSLogix5 software that you have, then call rockwell and (provided you have payed for the software) they will send you a new activation disk in the mail.