rs linx alternative

jude

I was speaking with a collegue in another plant he said he came across a plc 5000 and hmi that was communicating with an alternative to rs linx but was also an allen bradley product I googled it but could not find anything any ideas he also said he believed it was part of a scada ststem

Dear Jude ,

Most probably you two will be talking about the product Kepserver.It is actually an OPC server which takes data from your controller and deliver to your HMI which is an OPC Client . But I am sure It is a third party product not engineered by AB guys. But they provide this software with license in your HMI cd's you purchase especially the brand new factory talk SE and ME .

If i am not wrong as you got a new keyword in hand you can now start googling about the stuff and its connectivity ideas ..

Cheers