Will a Micro800 (830) really do Modbus RTU?

Firejo

I’ve been trying to get an 830 to work as a Modbus RTU master for a couple of days now. I’ve downloaded the examples that Rockwell provides but they give me the same problem that I get when I create a program. I get an error “255” which lists as “The channel has been shutdown”. Has anybody made this work and if so what did you do?

For those who are desperately waiting for an answer, I figured out what I was doing wrong and Modbus RTU does work on the Micro800’s. Once you get used to the different language, it starts to come together (for example, they don’t use “MOV” (move) functions, it’s called a “1 gain”). I’m using an 830 with FreeWave’s I/O radios (compatibility testing) and it’s working well.