Problem with 417h linked with et200m

mostafah

HI EVERYBODY
I configured an H system with 417H (redundant)with 12 ET200M station, in simulator, everything was OK, but with real system, any of ET200 did not become available!!!!
I reduced the system to only one ET200 station and disconnect others, and erase the program so the OB1 became empty and alone,
but the problem existed!!!
For your information, both CPUs without profibus link is ok and without error, but when i connect the profibus connector, i have the BF error(bus failure)BF led is blinking and EXF led(external failure) lit.
I checked the connectors, the profibus address, the dip switches for terminating the connectors and.......:confused:
Can anybody help me?

Mostafa

What is the second processor's DP port number
these have default settings of (0 or 1) - they can not be the same
hence the BF (Bus Fault) error

this is a hardware setup fault

What is the second processor's DP port number
these have default settings of (0 or 1) - they can not be the same
hence the BF (Bus Fault) error

this is a hardware setup fault

Are you sure dear Ian? So it is great! I will test it tomorrow and if it works, i believe in your speciality!

Hi dear Ian,
can you tell me where can i set the DP port number?
did you mean profibus address? but you know that this address is same for both cpu
and can not be different.

Tanx a lot
Mostafa

Last edited:
These settings are in the HW config area
The (DP)Profibus connection on the other CPU is where you change unit. I am not sure - but am fairly confident

I am sorry - doing this by memory at the moment
Plug in the MPI to the CPU you wish to change
Go to the HW config
Click on the Profibus setup in that config - there in an option to configure it as a number 0,1,2....

problem solved

Hi Jan & other dears that have read this thread

My problem solved by turning the terminating resistor to off position at the start of segment(at the PLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it is exactly opposite of SIEMENS recommendation but really it works!!!!! and when i turn it ON, the BF led blinks.:mad:

My problem solved by turning the terminating resistor to off position at the start of segment(at the PLC)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it is exactly opposite of SIEMENS recommendation but really it works!!!!! and when i turn it ON, the BF led blinks.:mad:
You use wrong connection for 1st node (CPU)
proper connection - upper hole and treminator ON đź““

I am fairly certain that the cable is supposed to be wired to the lower cable input port.
Have a look at the diagram on the side of the plug

Dear Ian and Dear Separov

My connector is right angle and it has not upper and lower.
I connected the cable to the hole which it's arrow direction is toward out of connector. Did you mean that it is wrong?

I know the connector
by memory it is the other connection
sorry I dont have one in front of me.

check the other diagram it should show the switch and the resistor
I think that is onthe outer cable

Dear Ian and Separov

You were right, I understood. The cable at the start of segment(at the PLC) must connect to the hole with arrow that it's direction is toward out.