slc 5/05 utility

RBeaumont

I have a system with slc5/05 1747-l553c. We are starting to have major slow downs in one opc server. The I.T. department insists the plc is overloaded. The error file shows no problems, only 9 connections thru ethernet, scan times are unchanged.
Is there a way to see the % of cpu being used, memory, etc... Thay want information like you can can get from pc. But I do not think that is possible.

James I think he may have just typed the IP address into his browser that is connected to the controller.
So, if you are connected to your controller over Ethernet, open IE and type in the IP address and see if you get the information.
I know I have been able to do this on some controllers but I have not tried it on all.
Again I think this may be it but if not Paul will come and correct me.

OkiePC,

where can you find this utility?
i have a similar problem.

thanks,
james

Bob O said:
James I think he may have just typed the IP address into his browser that is connected to the controller.

Yes, that gives you the main SLC 5/05 webpage, and there are several categories you can drill into.

Bob O said:
So, if you are connected to your controller over Ethernet, open IE and type in the IP address and see if you get the information.
I know I have been able to do this on some controllers but I have not tried it on all.
Again I think this may be it but if not Paul will come and correct me.

Exactly right, you need the PC to be on the same network with the SLC. Now, most ethernet enabled devices have a webpage and sometimes there's more stuff there and better organized than what you will find within the device software.

SLC Web Diag Eth1.jpg

Last edited: