how it happened!!major error but plc running!

PSpal

The PLC 5/80E is running/processing data & communicating..I mean one "part" of operation is working fine but when I make online connection I found "major error" of "overflow". to make the thing worse , the programme using 2 mcp's and 1 is blocked..!! is it possible?>:whistle:

Is it possible?
Yes, through mis-understanding and lack of knowledge, almost anything appears to be possible.

Many PLC5 programs have routines that attempt to automatically reset faults so that the program can keep running. The condition that caued the fault is still there and needs to be found and fixed.

u may be right.. but in this case..I feel..it is written with knowledge....
a) in plc 5/80 etc,it is possible to make more than one MCP--and it is used..generally it is not..
b) the error caused "one block"to stop-whereas the second"block" kept running...i good judgement

I just want to confirm--even in case of "major error" 1 part of cummunication is possible
the mcp block/hold as per logic ..but how to restart that without reset/power recycle..that part is not written in programme

Post your .rsp file and we can take a look.

FYI an "overflow " will not fault or stop a PLC5. Unlike a SLC500 it will.