I need to get VersaPro Version 2.02

GE Fanuc doesn't make earlier versions of their software available for download.

If you have current maintenance agreement, you might try talking to your local distributor or GE Fanuc Applications Engineer. They might be willing to give you a CD of the earlier version. You can uninstall your version 2.04 and reinstall the earlier version 2.02 without affecting your license. Either that or use the client's computer with v2.02 when you're making changes or monitoring the program.

Steve,
Thanks for the info. I remembered seeing 2.02 on the GEF web sometime back. Now that 2.04 is out, 2.03 is all that is listed.

I will follow your advice and contact my distributer.

Thanks again,
Barry

If you're talking about the files available in the 'downloads' area of the VersaPro support page, those are only service packs. You would already need to have a valid installation of version 2.03 for them to be of any use. When you unzip the file, you will find that the service pack contains only the files affected by the service pack, not a complete installation.

I am curious why there would be a need for an older version. I have VersaPro 2.02 and a 3rd party GE style software called CScape. I know CScape wont let you download a file when it was created with a newer version, does VersaPro also do this?

That issue would require you to obtain the latest version so I am curious what issue may occur for this need. No need for specifics, just in general.

I have a customer with a single 90-30 in their plant. It came with the machine. They also got the license for VersaPro along with the machine. The program was written with VersaPro version 1.50. They never purchased a software maintenance contract.

I have version 2.03 on my laptop. If I were to go online with the program using my laptop, I would have to convert the program to v2.03. If I did that, they would no longer be able to upload the program from the PLC to their computer running v1.50. They could still download a v1.50 program from their computer to the PLC, but if I made any changes using v2.03, they'd be out of luck.

I get around it by using their computer as much as possible when I'm onsite at the plant. I make a backup copy on a floppy and convert it to v2.03 on my laptop so I have a current version of their program in case I need to provide phone support. On the rare occasions when I have to go online with my laptop, I uninstall my v2.03 and reinstall v1.50 (I keep the CDs with the earlier versions).

Steve thats kind of what I thought but if you think about what was asked:
I have 2.04 and a customer needs 2.02. Does anybody know where I can download this????

If the customer doesnt have ANY SOFTWARE then why couldnt the 2.04 be used? Yes it will convert the file but in this case does it seem to make a difference?

I think too much at times.

I guess that since I have to deal with situations where I have newer software versions than my client's, I interpreted bbrian69's question the way I did. You're right, if the customer doesn't have the software at all, then there's no harm in bbrian69 using whatever version he has available.