DNet node commissioning tool

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
OK I have never had this problem setting up a new network.
Software RS5K 17.5, Linx 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR1
Driver 1784-PCD it is registered
RS5K doesn't have a SDN rev 4.xx it only has 3.xx avalible to me.

Hardware
(1) 1769-L32E Ver 17.5
(1) 1769-SDN rev 4.2 or .3 I can't remember
(Several) digital 1769 I/O modules.

(2) ABB robots 22 bytes IN & OUT

I fire up the node commissioning tools and drill down to the module in RSLinx SDN node 63. I selected the node, accepted the "hey dummy are you sure you want to change the node info", waited for the node to connect and get a "Error opening connection to this device. Error code = 0x80080005. Online operations will not be possible for this device. Please make sure that the device is connected to the network and try again."in the Message box of the Commissioning tool.

So I though that was funny why I got that message. Tried it again same results. Killed RSlinx and wiped out both Harmony files. Rebooted same results. I start asking what the definition of insanity is?

I tried going through RSNetworks for DNET. OPened a new project and scanned the network. I found the node that I expected 63 sdn, 1 robot, 2 robot, 62 PCD, I right clicked on 63 and changed the address from 63 to 00. hit apply. I waited for a response and got could not change because of an "internal Error".
The Processor is in Program mode and the Local:1:O.CommandRegister.Run is 0. So the scanner can't be in run mode can it?

I have done this identical system 2 months ago. All I did was change the IP address of the L32E and HMI. it should be open and shut easy. I am missing something. do you have any ideas?