Yaskawa MP2600iec Servo drive with Ethernet I/P

mjmorrow

Guys,
I have built a system with this servo indexer and am using the built-in PLC. It has a RedLion G3 running with EIP and a Phoenix EIP bus coupler for internal IO. I am trying to use an AB 1732E-16CFGM12W distributed IO module on the tooling plates for clamp sensors etc. I can make everything work except the 1732E. It resides at the intended address, even shows up in the 2600's global variable table with it's status variable reporting a HEX 1000, which shows its communicating. (But only if the config instance is set to 1 and its size is 0. AB says it should be 102 with a size of 10). I am using this as an input only device. All the inputs assigned to it return the data as FALSE even with the inputs being on. Does anybody have any experience with this combination they would be willing to share? Yaskawa is working on it, but so far no luck.

Are you creating all three Connections; Input, Output, and Assembly ?

I presume you're reading the same Release Notes: Assembly 5 for Input data, Assembly 35 for Output data, and Assembly 102 as the Configuration assembly.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rn/1732e-rn001_-en-p.pdf

I would troubleshoot this by putting Wireshark on the network and watching to see what the 1732E module does when the Yaskawa controller sends it a Configuration assembly during connection establishment. If you could compare that to the connection establishment traffic from a ControlLogix, you might be able to figure out how to configure the Yaskawa to match.

Last edited:
Ken,
I have been referring to the EDS I downloaded from AB. I have not had this manual. I am using the instances you list, except for the configuration. If I set the configuration at 102 the Yaskawa control faults. It does have a provision for entering Hex data in the config list. I am thinking the Yaskawa does not support 102, and needs the data entered there. Thanks for the manual, it gives me another tool to help solve this. Yaskawa asked me to wireshark this, but having not heard back yet, I'll study the wireshark file tomorrow.

Well, this beast is licked. By using the settings provided in the release notes, I could get no input data through the 1732E. However, output data did get through. This confirmed that it communicated. I finally tried changing the input assembly from 5 to 105 and changed the size to 6 bytes from 2 bytes and it worked. The MP2600 also has a space in the config entry for additional config data which I set as 01000000000000000000. According to the EDS, 5 is the assembly for open devices and 105 is for Logix devices. Makes one think Yaskawa stayed closer to the eip standard than most.