should I buy 23 wincc licence =bankruptcy!!!

hamidabbasi

hi folks
we have 22 seprate (related to telecom)sation that we should monitor temp and humidity(each station 25 snsors)and we must have a local monitoring in each staion(2 or 3 PC) and we also have a main control room that should monitor all 22 station.(all station connect to main by ethernet)what do u suggest for buying wincc licence .buy 23 licence?its huge cost .please help

I don't know exactly what is possible with WinCC, but some other SCADA systems I've worked with have the possibility to make use of one general key on a server, which is good for all workstations connected. The cost of this key is then calculated based on the total number of tags used in the complete system.

One thing is sure, however: if you want to play, you have to pay. There is no such thing as a free meal in the real world.

Kind regards,

thanks jean for reply
If I use one licence wincc in main center we have problem becouse we have one plc in each station though main wincc server should connect 22 plc (I think through s7 pc suit channel u can 2 or 3 tcp/ip connection)

thanks jean for reply
If I use one licence wincc in main center we have problem becouse we have one plc in each station though main wincc server should connect 22 plc (I think through s7 pc suit channel u can 2 or 3 tcp/ip connection)

Should all 22 stations be watching wincc at the same time?

You couldn't use a terminal server and a few shared licenses?

Kalle

WinCC v7 RT (or the newer WinCC v11 Pro) is very expensive.
WinCC Flexible (or the newer WinCC v11 Advanced) is quite inexpensive for the 128 tags license.

For the main control room, you have to do something special because WinCC Flex/WinCC v11 Adv has max 8 connections.
You can go for WinCC v7 or WinCC v11 Pro, or use an OPC Server (the OPC Server counts as 1 connection for WinCC Flex).

edit: WinCC Flex RT and WinCC v11 Adv RT is more like a SCADA Lite than a full-fledged SCADA. But probably enough for your application.

Last edited:
thanks jasper
I have afew questions
if I use one licnce wincc in main control room,can each local station monitor their own pages Simultaneously?
should I difine them as client?
please tell me a brief about opc

For WinCC (the real thing) you will have to buy licenses for all contemporary users.

If WinCC is to expensive for you, you might consider some other scada instead.

Here's another thread, mostly focused on the web-based Ignition:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=61096

Kalle

PS! In my country the telecom companies earns HUGE amounts money, and should be able to pay whatever it costs.