help citect scada io problem

THIRDFOOTS

hi all

I am trying to do my first project with scada .I have a book that is explains some of the how to`s
but ..... i have hit a problem ....i have attached a screen shoots what is coming up.

can you see a problem with what i have done here ?

your help with this will be greatly appreciated

Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 9.00.13 AM.jpg

Address is incorrect.
What is your I/O device?
Is it and Omron PLC?
If so you may have to use DM instead of D.

Address is incorrect.
What is your I/O device?
Is it and Omron PLC?
If so you may have to use DM instead of D.

hi bob
thanks for the reply

do you need a i/o device configured to compile the file?
i have not done that yet
no the plc will be a ab of some sort
but i will give dm a go

dose D need to be in upper case?

do you need a i/o device configured to compile the file?
yes
i have not done that yet
no the plc will be a ab of some sort
you will have to configure your I/O device so that Citect knows which driver to use and the addressing for the PLC model
but i will give dm a go
Check the Citect help file for the driver as to which memory areas of the PLC can be addressed and the correct addressing format to use

ok thanks for your help...
i did not fix the problem ....
but what i did was went back and started from the start.
what ever i did last time i did not do this time and the program worked.
i will spend some time on the other program and see if i can get it to work my challenge for the week...