Mitsubishi Built In Ethernet Port Comms

maverick33

Hoping that some one can help me setting up socket communications between two Q03 CPU's with built in ethernet ports.

I want to communicate between the two CPU's using the built in ethernet port and transfer a few words of data back and forth. I have attempted to set up one of the CPU's as Active with socket comms selected and the other as passive with socket comms selected. I made sure the port numbers matched but when I write the code for with the SP.SOCOPEN command it doesn't seem like the port ever gets opened. I say this because when I monitor the SD comm bits it never indicates that an open request was never issued or completed.

Does anyone have an example of getting this to work correctly that they can share?

Thanks in advance for your help.

have you tried to use a hub first purely for test

I have the manual - too big topost and too late tonight to read it

I have tried using just the hub but without success. I have been referring to the manual for the built in ethernet comms but following their examples have not had any luck getting this to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Can you talk to one CPU at a time?
you may have the IP addressing incorrect
Unplug the other one
Note the Ip addressing has to be different
don't forget the subnet mask

You need to set your notebook/PC to the range also

Last edited: