Are you using the (free) Ignition Panel Edition?

surferb

Lifetime Supporting Member
I think it's been about a year and a half since Inductive Automation started offering the Vision "panel" edition for free for small, single PC control systems without data logging. Are you using it? Are you using the free OPC-UA server for AB, Modbus, or Siemens - or a 3rd party driver?

Not actively using it, but did a quick trial for an in-house refurbishment project. Connection was to a contrologix processor over ethernet using the supplied OPC server.

The project got put on the backburner, but would definately take a closer look if it goes ahead in the future.

My father was using it in his plant for a while, but it didn't take long for him to upgrade to the Vision Limited. I just found out that he purchased the SQL Bridge last week. hahaha he is hooked now! Developing left and right! He even showed Tom C. (the president of the company) how to access the Ignition applications on his own desktop. Needless to say, Tom was very impressed and wanted to 'see' more (he only has view only right lol).

Ia

used/using it, loving it! made some real nice panels with it. It also really helps customers decide on getting the server version if needed. very functionl easy to use