Solution for going online problem SLC 503 1747-UIC

robbo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Its great to be able to contribute something for once after having used the forum.

ANyhow, a particular 2 * 7 rack SLC system has been a complete bugger to go online with for probably the past 2 years. Im a contractor programmer but the sites full time guys tell me they have at times spent 6 hours trying to go online and reload a lost program after a power failure. The PLC is on a low priority part of the plant so the problem has just been lived with.

The processor is a 5/03 and citect is connected to a reconfigured DF1 port, so we have to use the DH485 port to connect to. A UIC adaptor to USB is used for that.

The problem turned out to be the rack power supplies. The first tell tale is that the LED's arent working. Then I took their 5/03 processor and put that into my test rack and it came good and behaved perfectly. I wish I had done that first up. WOuld have saved some frustration.

The casings fell apart when I removed the old power supplies. Also there is a bit of capacitor leakage as well.

IMG00202-20110727-1333.jpg

IMG00203-20110727-1333.jpg

IMG00204-20110727-1413.jpg