Omron Timer

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi All,

I am totally new to Omron PLC's and have acquired a program.

I am using a CP1L Processor and would like to have a timer start when a selection is made.

I need the timer to go to a maximum of 1 hour, but from what I can see the timer will only go to 9999 seconds.

I have a value coming from the HMI of say 60 minutes. This value is being multiplied to convert it to seconds.

I have attached the program so you can see the whole picture.

Thanks

Mark

Hello Mark
This is a hangover from Omron's dedication to legacy customers!
In CX-P, right-click the PLC, and select properties. Tick the 'execute Timers as binary' option, and use TIMX, rather than TIM (and all variations thereof). You can then select a preset value from &0 to &65535 (timebase depending on the timer type (TIMX, TIMHX, TIMHHX).

CP1E plc's and CJ2 are auto detecting, ie no need to select BCD of decimal.

Pp