look up table in STEP S7 ????

R.Mati

I need to create a look up table in S7 STEP software. Basically, I've got 40 values of Temperature. For each of the temperature value, I've to pick the corresponding value from the table and use it.

that would be great if you could help, Thanks

Last edited:
Siemens has aa Function which does exactly what you want. It is FC103 - CDT (Correlated Data Table) which you will find in the Standard Library under "TI-S7 Convertion Blocks (or at least I think that's the name of the directory).

I don't have Step7 available at the moment, so I dont know if this is what LD has already suggested.

I rolled my own. Previous experience with the library blocks leads me to leave well alone. I've never used FC103 before so I gave it a try....and sure enough it failed miserably. I created my input and output tables in two different DBs and the function did not work as documented. I then put both tables in the same DB, and then it worked.

Last edited:
Siemens has aa Function which does exactly what you want. It is FC103 - CDT (.

Is there is any reason why I can not open this FC103, I am getting a msg "The block is protected" then when I click OK
the Function is empty!

I rolled my own. Previous experience with the library blocks leads me to leave well alone. I've never used FC103 before so I gave it a try....and sure enough it failed miserably. I created my input and output tables in two different DBs and the function did not work as documented. I then put both tables in the same DB, and then it worked.

Yes, I also had my problems with FC103 at first (as is to be found in the archives, must have been about 2005). I also finished up with everything in one DB. At that time I assumed the problems were a result of my incompetence, now I'm not so sure!

Your experience and attitude to Library blocks reminds me of S7Guy who had the same impression, with the same result. Haven't seen many posts from him for a while, I wonder why?

Last edited: