controlnet a point in right direction please

bce123

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, I,m going to be adding a panelviev 1000 to a controlnet network and I am new to logix 5000,factorytalk and rsnetworks. I have limited experince with logix 500 and have used mainley c-more hmi for my projects I have training in ab plc 3. have worked regulary with the micrologix 1100 and 1400 over e-net but dont think i can use the c-more hmi on controlnet with a controllogix plc. could anyone suggest what user guides i need to read to accomplish this task. also i assume i need to add node to network and can this be done without the hardware in place. Thanks,

to help narrow this down i think i have found all the info for the plc and hmi programing just not sure about rsnetworks and its roll in adding the node, one now and one later. i know i must map the nodes if map is proper term. but can this be done without interupting the existing process or will it require a short shutdown to do this. but most imporant where can i find info on how to use rsnetworks to do this. i have a copy of rsnetworx on order but would like to read up on things in prepration and don,t know if the help files in the software will give me all the info. Thanks,steve