retriving panelview plus file

James Mcquade

Hi everyone,

we have a pv+1000 at our facility that was put in by one of our sister plants. we don't have a good relationship with them and i'm not going into that.

I have asked for the archieve file and just got it. Trouble is, I'm 99% sure that the file is old because they made changes several weeks after the date on the file. Since i was not there all the time, i cannot be absolutely sure and i don't want to make things worse between our plants. but the programmer told me he made some changes several weeks after the date on the apa file.

i have the apa file and can put it on my laptop. I can also go online with the panelview terminal and upload.

How do i combine the pv+ mer file with the project on the laptop to ensure we have the current program?

thanks in advance,
James

Do you know what version of ME that you have. The later versions allow the recovery of the project files from the .MER IF the person who created the .MER allowed it.

You can't easily merge or compare PanelView Plus applications the way you can PLC programs.

Since you can upload the Runtime (*.MER) file from the PanelView terminal, you can run it on your FactoryTalk View Studio machinel.

I would create a Runtime using the project I restored from the *.APA archive, then visually compare the displays and functions of that Runtime with the ones you see on the Runtime you uploaded.

You can manually import *.GFX (graphics displays) and other components from the newest Runtime into the old project. There is no automatic "merge"; you will have to do this manually and carefully.

James, you did not state if you were having problems with the pv 1000 if not would not the mer file be the current one? if you are what is the problem and are you trying to fix it by loading the apa file? sorry I dont know how to compare the two with factorytalk software I'M to new to it to tell you. Thanks, steve

To answer your questions.

the application was created with ver 5.10.00 and i am running 6.00.00 cpr9 sr3.
We are not having any problems with the display at this time.

What i am trying to avoid is when it crashes and i download the program into the new terminal and it doesn't work correctly. that would go all the way up the ladder to the top.

thanks for suggesting that i compare the files.

regards,
james