run problem with S5 cpu 135u 928B

Iman

Hi guys,
Recently,I've programmed a S5 CPU 928B. Everything seems to be ok except one thing. When PLC is on run mode and I shout down the machine,after that when I turn the machine on,PLC won't go on run status. But when I stop the PLC and hold the reset button up and simultaneously run the PLC, it works and PLC remains in run mode. Do you know where the problem is?

Look at the istack - probably a QVZ error due to modules faulting during power down before the CPU.

Look at the istack - probably a QVZ error due to modules faulting during power down before the CPU.
As you said, the problem is related to QVZ but it became ok after a while without any try.But now I have a problem with ADF. This time ADF LED lights on. This error related to addressing error with I/O module. How can I find the infected I/O? I've removed all the I/O modules from the main rack but the problem remained and plc didn't go to run mode.

If there wasn't ADF before you removed the cards, it sure is ADF now(y)

You must insert the cards again and let the PLC stop on ADF error. You must remove some of the error-OBs. I cannot exactly remember which OBs, but it must be those from OB23 to 30? It might also be some masking of errors in the DX1, open it not as a DB but as a MASK (was it?).

By the next QVZ/ADF the CPU will stop and you'll find the stop cause in the ISTACK.

Kalle

If there wasn't ADF before you removed the cards, it sure is ADF now(y)

You must insert the cards again and let the PLC stop on ADF error. You must remove some of the error-OBs. I cannot exactly remember which OBs, but it must be those from OB23 to 30? It might also be some masking of errors in the DX1, open it not as a DB but as a MASK (was it?).

By the next QVZ/ADF the CPU will stop and you'll find the stop cause in the ISTACK.

Kalle
Thank you for the tip, I'll try it but I have one question?(I'm not so familiar with s5) what do you mean by removing error-OBs? do you mean that I should delete these OBs from the program ??? and one more thing
icon10.gif
how can I find the address of faulty I/O module in ISTAK??

Thank you for the tip, I'll try it but I have one question?(I'm not so familiar with s5) what do you mean by removing error-OBs? do you mean that I should delete these OBs from the program ??? and one more thing
icon10.gif
how can I find the address of faulty I/O module in ISTAK??

Here is a procedure:

Make a new step5 file, f.x. c:123456st.s5d. Transfer all blocks from the controller to the file. Backup
icon12.gif

In the controller, delete all OBs between 23 and 30 (not quite sure about OB30 - don't have a manual at hand).

The ISTACK may hav several pages, one points to the program line which tries to access the missing IO. If you cannot interpret it, post it here.

AND: Check your 24V card supplies for bad, rippling connections.

Kalle

Here is a procedure:

Make a new step5 file, f.x. c:123456st.s5d. Transfer all blocks from the controller to the file. Backup
icon12.gif

In the controller, delete all OBs between 23 and 30 (not quite sure about OB30 - don't have a manual at hand).

The ISTACK may hav several pages, one points to the program line which tries to access the missing IO. If you cannot interpret it, post it here.

AND: Check your 24V card supplies for bad, rippling connections.

Kalle
Thank you so much.
Also, I've found sth in DX0 block that could be useful for bypassing the OB blocks. I'll try them and post the final results :)

I really don't know what is happening. I've just deleted PLC and transferred all the blocks to the PLC and it works
icon5.gif
.The only problem is when I want to run the PLC I should use a cold restart. Anyway, I've attached the pages of ISTACK when the ADF error has happened. I'm really appreciate in advance for any explanation of the ISTAK.

Do you know any capturing code to write for finding the faulty I/O that produces the ADF error?

Can you post your program together with details of the physical i/o installed?
Again I have the problem and the ADF error appears. As you have said this is the I/O structure:
The main unit of PLC has these modules : "6ES5525-3UA21" , "WE706 6FM1706-3AA00" , 9 input modules , 6 output modules , "6ES5 308-3UA12" . All the mentioned modules are insatelled in main unit then it has 5 extension unit ET100u .
First one has 3 input and 7 output card.
Second one has 4 input and 4 output and one analog input.
Third one has 3 input and 7 output.
Forth one has 8 input and 3 output.
Fifth one has 8 input and 3 output.
As Kalle said before, I’ve disabled OB blocks from 23 to 34 with DX0 and the PLC went to run but the output of main unit and the last two extension units didn’t activate. Also , I've attached the program.
Thank you guys(y)

I really don't know what is happening. I've just deleted PLC and transferred all the blocks to the PLC and it works
icon5.gif
.The only problem is when I want to run the PLC I should use a cold restart. Anyway, I've attached the pages of ISTACK when the ADF error has happened. I'm really appreciate in advance for any explanation of the ISTAK.

Hi!
It's raining heavily outside, so I took the time to open your istack zips.

In the picture you can see the code that caused the ADF (E01F = AN I 31.0)and also where it was called from (FB139 line 1E). Note that the line pointer is unreliable and sometimes points to the line after the error. Note also that the 8bits CPUs <=115U (except 945) shows the lines byte offset and thus must be divided by 2.

Hope I remembered this correctly.

Cum granum salis
icon12.gif

Kalle

istack2.gif

Hi!
It's raining heavily outside, so I took the time to open your istack zips.

In the picture you can see the code that caused the ADF (E01F = AN I 31.0)and also where it was called from (FB139 line 1E). Note that the line pointer is unreliable and sometimes points to the line after the error. Note also that the 8bits CPUs <=115U (except 945) shows the lines byte offset and thus must be divided by 2.

Hope I remembered this correctly.

Cum granum salis
icon12.gif

Kalle
Dear Kalle
I thank you so much for this post.Also, I thank the weather for raining
icon10.gif
icon12.gif

I've seen the FB139 but I couldn't interpret it very well
icon10.gif
. I've attached the pic of FB139 also in the previous post I've attached the complete program. If you have time please see the FB.I really appreciate your cooperation. I hope it rains again
icon12.gif
and I hope one day I can answer your questions(If you have).
خیلی ممنون
Iman

FB139.jpg