ai online using xp and no dual boot

craig61

hi

has anyone out there cracked using a.i plc2 on xp using the pcmk as a driver as at the moment i am in the situation where the a.i software comes up with an error message and says problem with pcmkinit.com or no pcmk card in machine when it is. if anyone has any info i would be very grateful.

thanks craig

PCMKINIT is only for DOS, and it won't work at all in Windows NT, 2000, or XP.

RSI doesn't support AI-2 in any operating system newer than NT 4.0, but I have heard of users getting results in Windows 2000 and XP.

You're going to have to run the RSLinx 1784-PCMK driver, and let AI-2 talk to RSLinx. It's far slower than the old DOS access methods, but it will work.

Time to upgrade that 1772 controller !

Similar Topics

Hey guys, so I'm having issues going online with a plc using TIA V13. I feel like I must be missing something basic in my understanding. New to...
Replies
Views
I have a PLC2 system with 1771-KA2 DataHighWay Comm. Adapter. On the PC side running XP SP3 FAT32 partition, with Icom AI2 6.25. 1) Using a smart...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm a 26 year old intern at a company and my project is to see information and be able to set outputs on and off via the webserver of...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm working on a project where it is necessary to use an online calendar in my program (to start/stop the heating or the ventilation of the...
Replies
Views
Dear PLC Experts, I am trying to go online with Omron Sysmac CPM2A PLC with CX-Programmer V 6.0 on Windows Vista Operating System. It gives...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom