Powerflex 70 VFD error Help

danester

Hi Guys,
Having a problem all day with the powerflex 70.
The fault is #17:Input Phase Loss
I checked all phases, voltage OK,Fuses OK
I reset drive and it runs good for 5 Minutes and error happens again.
Any Suggestions?

Danester

3 phase 482 leg to leg
input voltage 480
I have at least 10 other drives running off the same supply in that cabinet and all OK

Hi Guys,
Having a problem all day with the powerflex 70.
The fault is #17:Input Phase Loss
I checked all phases, voltage OK,Fuses OK
I reset drive and it runs good for 5 Minutes and error happens again.
Any Suggestions?

Danester

There are a few possibilities.

If you have a number of VFDs fed off the same supply, it could be Harmonics causing the problem. Do you have Line Reactors in front of the VFDs?

An intermittent bad connection somewhere in the supply lines, that perhaps only shows up under Current Load.

Very, very rarely I have seen a Sensor fail in the VFD. If everything is good on the incoming lines, then your only choice will be to change it, and send the faulty one in for repair.

Stu....

I do have line reactors in front of all VFD's in the cabinet, I checked Phases on the faulty VFD line reactor and all OK.
I think I swapped a drive out a couple of years ago for the same problem and all was OK afterward.
I hate swapping these out!!!!! Hard to get at wires and a lot of them.I;d Rather be golfing today, but someone has to bring home the bacon.

Danester

Agreed.. you might need some type of power monitor so see any "noise"

if available.. easily. An isolation transformer could be used

What are the full load ampere ratings of the drive and the motor ?

An undersized drive will sometimes detect an imbalance fault because it can't keep the bus charged without a high percentage of DC ripple. The fault is less common with the PowerFlex 70's (they are in general more over-built than some other A-B platforms) but the principle is the same.

I ran into this problem a year or so ago with a PowerFlex 700. This drive had an input line reactor and output filter as well. I tested power quality with a Fluke 1735 Three-Phase
Power Quality Logger. I could not find any problems. There is a parameter you can use to disable the Input Phase Loss Fault. I disabled it on my drive and it has been working for over a year with no problems.