DeviceNet Mapping issue

angi

Hi Guys

There is a tester on my floor, using SoftLogix, 1784-PCID interface, 1734-ADN Adapter and 1734-IB2. when I open the PLC program, the data from DeviceNet is N50:aa/bb, I could understand how the aa/bb been set, but I could not figure out how the designer set up the memory as N50. I know that we could use M1 or M0 as memory for SLC500.
Any body could help me to figure it out?

Thanks

Is this a SoftLogix 5 ?

If so, go to the controller's Status file in RSLogix 5, then tab to the right until you find the DeviceNet Tab.

The data file numbers for the Input, Output, and Status files are configured by placing data file numbers into Status file elements S:509, S:510, and S:511.

RSNetworx for DeviceNet software just calls these data files the "Image File", and you designate the word offset to start mapping data into.