RedLion Datastation plus + schedule

cctveuro

Hi,

I want to make a schedule with redlion datastation plus, but i dont see how.

I need to have a web page were i insert the start time, run time , etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I want to make a schedule with redlion datastation plus, but i dont see how.

I need to have a web page were i insert the start time, run time , etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Using a DataStation Plus webserver for monitoring a process is great, but I wouldn't recommend using it to make changes to a process. Using the popup keypad through the webserver is slow and the chances for error are very great.

Having said that, it seems to me that more information would be needed before we could help you with your request. Are you planning for the DSP to write a "1" to a register in the controller at a given time (based on the start time) and then turn the bit back off after the run time? I don't think would do that either - I'd use the real time clock in my controller or PLC rather than using the DSP as a scheduler.

Again, having said that, you would need to run a program that looks as the real time clock in the DSP and when it reaches the start time it would set the bit. The program would continue to run while watching for the start time + the run time and then when the real time is greater than that value it would reset the bit to off. I would use at least two tags, one holding the start time and the second holding the start time + run time. It might require some time conversion and if it runs past midnight might require some other special handling but all in all its' not really hard, but I wouldn't recommend it.