help date stamping on pvp and compactlogix

stu

hi guys
i have a little bit of a problem, i need to get a date stamp once a setting has changed, i have 9 figures that i would like to enter the date into a string display on the hmi (pvp)if any of the 9 figures are changed?? but i dont know how can anyone help , i am using a compactlogix plc and a pvp 700?

a sample of the code may help to get it in my head thanks stu

Not exactly what your doing but I used to work where we had an operator that would change servo settings 1/2 hour before the end of his shift so the machine ran badly for the other shifts.
I did some code in the background to test a theory before going fully into logging trends etc.
Write the setting I had into a register and compare it against itself. When its no longer equal, latch a bit that can raise an alarm is how I got by.

Do you need any more help than that? A very very basic bare boned solution that needs some extra code but will do for a start

this would need to be done 9 times etc

are you on top of machine edition? for the hmi alarming etc?

sample.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I will give that a try, it's a great starting point. Could I have the 9 neq intructions in Parallel to the latch instruction or wallclocktime intruction to display a date stamp on a screen , thanks stu

Last edited:
All the sate stamping is done automatically in the alarm setup for the HMI program - MAchine edition. When the alarms go off, the alarms are date stamped ont he screen

Do you need any more help than that? A very very basic bare boned solution that needs some extra code but will do for a start

this would need to be done 9 times etc

are you on top of machine edition? for the hmi alarming etc?

sample.jpg

That isn't ever going to latch, the two values are always going to be the same when evaluated by the neq.

You want a NEQ adjustment test_adjustment MOV adjustment test_adjustment OTL adjustment_1_has_changed