Need help with interlocking

Ok so I got a for/rev motor with a prox on each side to denergize the output but it keeps going back and forth . This is my first time really want to know what I am.doing wrong here.
Thanx for help.

To be honest, unless we have suddenly acquired some mind readers on this site you are going to have to give us a little bit more information.

What are you trying to achieve with the proximity sensors and when do you want the motor to go in forward or reverse.

There are loads of people here that will help but the more information you can give the better the help you will receive.

Mark

you need to give a lot more info.
type of PLC - Zipped program copy or sketch.
there is a problem with your return command and
what happens if you go past your sensor

Ok This is what i got its a bin filler that goes from left to right. when LS2 is made and Prox1 is made i want it to go left and when prox3 is made stop. But it keeps coming back right and then go left . Really confused.
][ estop------][H/A------][LS2------][Prox1----]/[o/1-----]/[Prox3---()o2 Motor Left
And i got H/A branched with a manual switch on this rung.
][estop-------][H/A------][LS1-----][Prox2----]/[o/2-----]/[Prox4---()01 Motor Right

We still need more information.

What happens with Prox 2 and Prox 4, where are the proximity's, where is LS2.

The more information you give us the easier it will be to help.

Mark

Well Mark sorry i cant really upload anything right now. I am at work and i am trying to solve this. Ls1 and LS2 indicates which side has a bin left or right. Prox1 tells it that its clear to go left and prox2 tells it that its clear to go right.
Prox3 is where it need to stop on left and prox4 is where it needs to stop on right.
It is stoping, I mean its not going beyond those proxes but its just going left to right without stopping. I want to stop when either prox is made and wait till prox1 or prox2 are clear.
Hope you can help me.

OK the drift I get is you have nothing to tell the motor to stop
ABOVE an empty bin in place to be filled. It just keeps reversing back and forth.

Dan Bentler

Ok This is what i got its a bin filler that goes from left to right. when LS2 is made and Prox1 is made i want it to go left and when prox3 is made stop. But it keeps coming back right and then go left . Really confused.
][ estop------][H/A------][LS2------][Prox1----]/[o/1-----]/[Prox3---()o2 Motor Left
And i got H/A branched with a manual switch on this rung.
][estop-------][H/A------][LS1-----][Prox2----]/[o/2-----]/[Prox4---()01 Motor Right
let me try to read this in boolean algebrA

1. IF ESTOP and HA and LS2 and Prox1 and not O/1 And Not Prox3 then turn on O/2
  estop    ha      ls2     prx1    O/1     prx3     o/2

--] [-----] [-----] [-----] [-----]/[-----]/[-----( )

understanding the same for the second output rung

is this correct
if so what turns off LS2 and Prox1 ?

Ok

Now we know whats happening it seems to me that you have got a signal missing.

What tells the box that it is full, so that it can move to the opposite side.

If you haven't got this signal you will need to put a time delay in before the box moves.

Mark

their may be more than that
If the wiring is correct---
as soon as Prx3 is clear O/2 will re energise sending it back to Prx 3
it will go left right left right off prox 3
a timer will not help that.

It wouldn't because at that time when prox 3 is clear the bin will be travelling right which means O1 will be true, and there is a XIO for O1 in the rung which makes O2 true.

There still needs to be a signal or something to tell the bin that the sequence is complete at whichever side its on at that time.

Mark

all depends how the change of state of LS1 LS2 or Prox1 Prox2

we don't know that yet

when limit swiches 1 and 2 are made it means both right and left sides are ready and it can travel either side based on which LS made first. but doesnt stop on either side unless i let go off i of the LS.

And Mark, Prox and 1 and 2 tells it when the box is full. which is one input.

So lets get this right.

LS1 is clear so a box is needed on the right.
The carriage moves right until until prox 4 is made and stops.
The box then fills until prox 1 is made.
The carriage is then free to move to the left.

The carriage will move to the left until prox 3 is made and stops.
The box fills until prox 2 is made.
The carriage is then free to move to the right.

Mark

Yes. That is correct Mark. But as soon as both LS are made i cant stop motor to go back and forth. I already tried branching it with another input , i used runPb which dont make it fully automatic. But still cant get the motor to stop. As soon as one unlaches other one latches. Its getting annoying....lol I dont have experience designing this kind of stuff but i want to do it so i will learn.
Thanks everybody for your replies.