Quick Question about Counters

DKahmer

I'm not sure if anybody has had any experience with Keynece KV16AR or their ladder builder software. But I have a quick question about how counters work.

I need to count to 3,000,000. I know that I can't off the bat count that high, so I thought to stack the counters. I will count to 60,000, 50 times. My issue is that it seems in the Keyence software, the simulator will not add to counters. Will this work?

If I have an input say a button. And press that to make the 60000 counter go up, and when it completes, the next rung adds 1 to the 50 counter, will that work?

The one issue I ran into was the counter reseting. In my software there is no reset input, when it counts to 60,000 and closes the next rung, how would I go about resetting that counter?

Hope I explained this okay!

Within seconds I managed to think maybe counters are reset like the "set" function, so the reset issue is solved. Now I'm only curious about whether the counting will work.

Attached are two images. After setting up communications with the processor, you need to transfer the program to the processor. Then you will enter into a monitoring program. You go to PLC Mode and put the processor in Run Mode.

keyence3.GIF keyence4.GIF