how to introduce delay

Ashiq

hi
dear sir i am using plc S7-300 hardware and Wincc Flexible software for HMI & using PC as a HMI.I connected output to digital output module and control it through HMI.it is working fine.
Sir now i want to introduce delay that after some seconds output is on or after few seconds it should be off.Please guide me how i will introduce delay.
Thanks

hi look into iec libray SFB4 TON and use that to create your delay

cheers

Sir now i want to introduce delay that after some seconds output is on
this is called an on-delay, so you need an on-delay timer
or after few seconds it should be off.
and this is called an off-delay, so here you use an off-delay timer.

Question is, since you used the word "or" in the middle of this sentence, do you need both at the same time or only one of the two. If you would make a timing diagram, it would surely help us determine what exactly you do want to accomplish. Clear questions produce clear answers and drawings are not language dependent.

Kind regards,