Protecting an input field with a Password

NoName

Hello.

Is it posible to protect the an inputfield with a password in Protool so that only the operator can change it's contents.If it is possible could you give me some pointers how to do this.

Thank you.
>Ales<

Yes indeed.

It takes several steps, but it is not difficult:

1. Setup a screen where you can setup users and user levels.
You have to insert an object of type Password List.

2. For the input fields that you want to protect you have to change the property Enable ... Password Level from 0 to a higher value.

User level 9 is the highest and is the SuperUser who can create/edit other users in the Password List.
You specify a fixed password for the SuperUser in Protool under System ... Settings ... OP Password.

User level 0 is the lowest, and is normally reserved for items that are not protected.

Ales

It is possible to protect an input field with a password. In the properties of the input field, click on the enable tag, here you can set your password level from 0 to 9. Password level 0 is no password required. Password level 9 is the 'supervisor' level.

I have only done this with TP 27-10 screens, so that is what I am baseing my answer on.

The only password set in protool is the 'supervisor' one. The default for this is 100. To change the supervisor password click on 'SYSTEM' and from the drop-down menu select 'SETTINGS'.
The other password levels (1 - 8) are user defined on the screen itself, but these are lost and have to be redefined everytime you download a new or updated program to the screen.

Hope this helps

Paul

Thank you for your quick reply.I'll get on this right now!I hope that I don't run in to truble.But if I do, I'll check back here.

Thanks alot!!