Simoreg DC Drives

creativepaper

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've been asked to look at upgrading some Simoreg DC drives. They are old, so information is scarce.
I asked for the model numbers and got the following
30hp drive = A1-106-150-502
150hp drive = A1-106-150-016
These are 460VAC input 500VDC output

I found some information on the web saying they are 6RA23 type drives and I'm trying to find a manual on this. Siemens won't offer additional help apart from saying they are old unless I pay for time.

If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction to get manuals, wiring IO, sizes, etc it would be appreciated.

I'm expecting additional information i.e. external IO later this week, but I would like to get a jump start on it.

I'm currently planning on upgrading them to Powerflex DC drives, just hope the physical sizes are similar so I don't have to move things around to accommodate them.

I've been asked to look at upgrading some Simoreg DC drives. They are old, so information is scarce.
I asked for the model numbers and got the following
30hp drive = A1-106-150-502
150hp drive = A1-106-150-016
These are 460VAC input 500VDC output

I found some information on the web saying they are 6RA23 type drives and I'm trying to find a manual on this. Siemens won't offer additional help apart from saying they are old unless I pay for time.

If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction to get manuals, wiring IO, sizes, etc it would be appreciated.

I'm expecting additional information i.e. external IO later this week, but I would like to get a jump start on it.

I'm currently planning on upgrading them to Powerflex DC drives, just hope the physical sizes are similar so I don't have to move things around to accommodate them.

Tell Siemens you want a quote on an upgrade and see what they come up with. I have manuals for 6ra24's but I don't know how I could help you.

The 590+ is an excellent drive, I've used vaer many of these over the years and the V8 drive expands the possibilities even further. For a stand alone drive I would choose a 590+ but for networked drives controlled from a PLC then the choice isn't so cut and dried and the Siemens drive has much to offer.

Nick

Thank you. I just looked under SimoReg DC-master for the manuals and not K.
I'm alot more familar with AB drives, which is why I was planning on using them. It looks like they are just controlled by IO, so anything can be plug and play as long as I can get the correct IO number and type.

http://support.automation.siemens.c...objaction=csopen&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

The current replacement drive would be a Sinamics DC Master, I've used a dozen or so now and they're quite good - especially when connected and controlled over Profibus.

Nick