omron no i/o table in the project tree

srummel

omron cqm1 cpu21 has no I/O table in the profect tree (workspace)
The manual instructs to click the I/O table in the project workspace to make changes to the I/O config. but it says nothing about how to get the I/O option to appear in the project workspace. Any hints greatly appreciated

Have not used one for years but if I remember correctly the CQM1 does not have an I/O table but fixed I/O allocation.

I don't get an IO Table and Unit Setup when I create a CQM1 Project either. However, I see an option under PLC>>Edit>>IO Table and Unit Setup. I am Offline, and don't have a CQM1, so mine is grayed out. Can you go Online with your CQM1, and access the IO Config that way?

Stu....

The CQM1 was originally programmed using SYSWIN
I remember a dip sw setting to allow CX programming but
vaguely remember it being limited

Inputs start at channel 0 - 000.00 - outputs start at channel 100 - 100.00 - if I remember correctly. It wouild be fully detailed in the manual.

CQM1 does not require an I/O table. This product has fixed addressing based on module type and position from the CPU.

If you can tell us what modules you are using and where they are located relative to the CPU, we can verify addressing for you.

Your original post mentioned making changes to the I/O configuration. What are you trying to do?

You can also find this information in the W226 and W228 manuals.

Hope this will help.

thanks. i will have to find those manuals. and as for what I am trying to do. I am trying to learn how to use omron plcs I have had some training on RS logix 5 500 and 5000, but where I work now most of the equipment has omoron. I was able to get a cqm1 and a few cards out of a machine that was being scraped at work and I bought a very outdated version of cx1 off of ebay.
right now there is no one at work that handels the plcs they always call people in. they have been concidering creating a position to handel those types of things. Im hoping to get it.