PV+ Data Log export

Ok, im apparently an idiot; as I cannot seem to figure out how to export a data log from a PV+ to a USB stick. The manual only references the data log on how to delete it. The only file management is to copy the .mer file or to copy fonts. Any suggestions / help? Thanks.

Matthias

Yea, I saw that post as well. I used to say "Apple, can't pay more for less". Now I guess its "PV+, can't pay more for less". I remember why we pretty much boycott this line of hmis unless the customer spec'd it. Which they did. :(

Are you talking about a conventional "data log" that is the periodic (and often-flushed) data source for Trend objects ?

Or are you talking about the target file for one of the ActiveX objects like DataStore or DataStorePlus ?

The ordinary PanelView Plus doesn't give you much to work with in this regard; it locks away the OS and the file system pretty well. The "PV+CE" allows FTP access to the file system, as do all the PV+6 terminals.

When I've needed to copy (or delete, or replace) files inside the PV+ file system, I've used an Autorun.exe executable along with a .BAT batch file to act on files in the file system. I'd have to go dig it up... there's an Autorun that works with the x86 terminals (the 700,1000,1250,1500) and one that works with the PV+ 400 an 600, which are based on a different chipset.

Do you know which \StorageCard\xxxx file path the file you want is in ?

I did a little research and refreshed my recollection. The modern (v4 and later) PV+ terminals will execute a *.BAT file without needing the prompting of an executable. Just place the "autorun.bat" in the root directory of the USB storage device.

The best explanation is here, in the RA Knowledgebase, document #35513.

The ordinary command-line COPY command is all that needs to be in the batch file:

copy "\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\logs\YOUR_APP_NAME\DlgLog\YOUR_DLOG_MODEL_NAME\*.*" "\USB Storage\"

Your a miracle worker as always Ken. Ill give it a go.

matt

KB says this is a locked article, and I need a tech connect contract, which I DO have. Ugh. When are people going to learn information wants to be free, and hiding KB stuff is just down right asinine. Time to make some more phone calls. (tho not before I try it without reading the KB)

Last edited:
Quick Q Ken, I see it says Storage Card on that copy command. This is in the internal storage, is it correct for storage card then or should it say something else there? Im off to try it as is now. Thanks

matt

Sadly, it did not work. Is it because of my above question? I had an autorun.bat files with this line...

copy "\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\logs\Honeywell J3851\DlgLog\FurnaceHistData\*.*" "\USB Storage\"

Last edited:
The way I understand it, the internal CompactFlash card that contains the OS and FTView ME is considered "\storage card\".

The removable CompactFlash card that goes into the slot in the logic module is "\storage card2\".

USB devices are either "\storage card3\" or "\USB Storage\". I'm not totally sure.

Try adding some Batch commands like "echo The files should have been copied" or "pause" to make sure you see the results of the batch file in the command window that should pop up when you insert the USB Storage device.

You also might have to perform a Change Directory before you can use the Copy command; I'm just not certain about Windows CE 4.10 command syntax.

cd \storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\logs\Honeywell J3851\Dlglog\FurnaceHistData\

copy "\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\logs\Honeywell J3851\Dlglog\FurnaceHistData\
*.*" "\USB Storage\"

You can plug in a USB keyboard and use the Autorun.Bat to invoke "CMD.EXE", then browse around the file system using ordinary commands like CD and DIR.

Also remember that the PV+ only supports FAT16 as the file system. USB storage or CF storage larger than 4GB might be formatted for FAT32 or NTFS and be unrecognizable to the terminal.

"
Also remember that the PV+ only supports FAT16 as the file system. USB storage or CF storage larger than 4GB might be formatted for FAT32 or NTFS and be unrecognizable to the terminal."

AHA! Im sure this is the problem then, my 32gb NTFS stick probably wont do. ;)

Time to dig through that junk drawer. Thanks again Ken!

ps, I got my tech net account authorized as well. Thanks again.