RSL500 Program Errors

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a project in RSL500 with a micrologix 1500.

When I go to download the software says the project has errors but doesn't list any errors. There are warnings due to my use of SCP instructions but these have never stopped me before. I can download the previous version of the program to the processor just fine with the current setup.

I am running within a virtual machine VM but this has never caused me any problems before.

It seems something in the file is hosed a bit.

Has anyone seen this before and solved it. I'd hate to have to re-do the work I did already..

Thanks

The ML1500 will give you a warning when trying to use a floating point data type with a "SCP" instruction. You must have series C FRN 7 or higher. You will get this warning even though you have the right series. Just ignore it.

What is the series and FRN of your ML1500?

P.S. Yes, I'm verifying the whole project, not just a file.

Hardware wise, I'm going through a NET-ENI module and communicating over ethernet.

I can download and go online with the previous version of the program. I made some changes last night at home and tried to download that new program today with no luck.

Thanks

The only errors I see are the warnings about the floating point data types in a SCP instruction. It should download just fine.

I get the same error also running v 8.10 I can get the program to compile only after deleting the offending SCP blocks. Even though it only lists warnings, it does not compile the program with the SCP blocks when I attempt a "Verify Programs" or a download to Emulate500.

Last edited:
My best guess is that something in Windows went to sleep at just the wrong time and flipped some critical bit in the file ;)

I've tried doing "save as" and changing a few rungs but same result. I'm going to try deleting the last thing I remember writing to see if that helps.

Other than that I'm going to have to do a side by side comparison but such is life.

The Tools-Compare should make short work of that.

I have 8.2. By the way, where is "Verify Programs"?
In the project tree, if you right click on the "Program Files" folder icon, there is a choice call "Verify Program". Clicking it will check all program files for errors and compile the program for downloading if no errors are present. To open a file with RSLogix500 Emulate, I use that method and then save the file first. If the program has been edited, and not compiled, Emulate will not open it.

It will also update the controller properties to show the memory usage instead of "*".

I found it!

In rung 3:11 I had a MOV instruction that was moving 0.0 to the word for an analog output. Of course, 0.0 is a 32 bit float and O:1.1 is a 16 bit word.

Sure wish the software would have told me this !