RSLogix 5000 project conversion.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
I have a very basic question, sorry if it is too basic...
Let's say I have a RSLogix 5000 project in version 16 and I want to convert it to version 19.
What it's the best way to do it?

Thank you!

PS: I read that one way is to export the version 16 project to a L5K file and then trying to import this file, then RSLogix will let you select the version you want for the new project. I don't know if this is the best and/or easiest way to do the conversion.

(Assuming you have versions 16 and 19 of RSLogix5000) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VERSION 16 BACKUP. Load the project as version 16. Change the controller properties to version 19 and save.

Its easy to go up in number - not so easy going back.

No question is too basic if you state it well.

If you have Version 19 installed on your computer, you can simply go to the Controller Properties dialog box in RSLogix 5000 and select a new Version of CPU firmware.

RSLogix 5000 will save a backup copy, then automatically close v16 and open v19, creating and importing the project.

Remember that the 1756-L55 family controllers went to v16 and no later, so you would have to also change the controller type to a 1756-L6x or -L7x controller.