Red Lion G3 to G3 string transfer

Clay B.

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have called Red Lion and they sent me a sample of how to do this, but I was hoping someone here had a simpler method.

What I need to do is send a 10 char string from one Red Lion G3 to a second Red Lion G3. I am only looking to display the string on the second G3.

If someone has an example of how to do this please let me know.

Thanks

Clay

Guys at Red Lion Come thru Again

Well thanks to Jeremry at Red Lion I learned yet another Comm feature for the Red Lion G3.

Using OPC TCP/IP Master I am able to send strings or any data format between my screens without having to break the strings down to charactors so they fit the word format of gataway blocks.

I have attached the 2 programs Jeremry created as examples. When you put them on your computer you will have to remap the Device Address Space in the Master program so Crimson 3 can find the slave device. Then remap you tags and you up and running.

Thanks again to the guys at Red Lion for a excellent product and top notch support.

Clay