How to regulate speed in plcs

Your other thread referred to controlling the speed of a motor using a PLC. I assume this is the same question.

Most PLCs do not directly control the speed of a motor. There must be hardware which performs that function. The PLC by various means can direct the controlling hardware as far as speed or other control parameters.

As requested in the other thread we must know the type of motor, the type of motor controlling hardware and the type of PLC. How is the PLC connected to the controlling hardware - if it is at all?

School alert.

If it is like Bernie says varying the speed of a motor. I use change the value going out to the drive.
If is it like it reads that an infinite loop will vary the PLC program.

I know I know Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Similar Topics

I have an application were I must regulate the flow from two pumps in series.. The pv comes from a flowtransmitter and the sp should come from an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I use an S7-315 CPU Used the OB35 and placed the FB41 in it. The cycle time is on default (100ms) I have humidity measurement in g/kg...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what the data transfer rate for this series of CompactLogix PLC's? 1769-L24ER-QB1B to be exact. Cheers.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to setup on plc so If I enter 60 jph (job per hour) it will send the vfd hertz based on what jph is entered by...
Replies
Views
Sigh, DeviceNet noob... I have a 1756-L55, with a DeviceNet module, and 10 PF700 all commanded with DeviceNet. One of the PF700's blew up...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom