ISA Logic Simulation Software

peterjung

Hi there!

Can anyone recommend a software package that I can use to test/simulate ISA type logic diagrams - i.e. basic AND,OR SR FF etc.?

I am writing some fairly complex logic and I would feel much more comfortable if I can prove some of the more complex sections through a simulation.

All suggestions very welcome!

Thanks.

OK! After a few days of research I can answer my own question...

I found a few possibilities but the best I found is a free programme called Logisim:

http://ozark.hendrix.edu/~burch/logisim/

This is really for electronic circuit simulation but it works for proving logic diagrams also.

The only thing I needed to do was to build a couple of functions that are not available as standard such as Timer On Delay, Timer Off Delay etc.

This is really a great programme for anyone who wants to develop logic using ISA type diagrams - highly recommended!

(y)