ControLogix

goinkey

Hi,

I am looking for a way to learn AB's ControLogix. I hear it is very similar to PLC programming but somethings like word size and naming schemes are different. I know you can take courses from AB distributers but they are very expensive. Since I am paying for this on my own I hope to find something similar to this forum and software like LogixPro.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Goinkey

I wasn't able to find this publication on Rockwell's website, but if you can get your hands on Rockwell Automation Catalog Number ABT-1756-DRG70 (August 2001), it's helped me immensely. It's a collection of user manuals for Logix5000. The first manual will give you the basics - setup, creating and using tags, configuration, task management, etc.

If you are familiar with "older" PLCs, moving to ControLogix shouldn't be too difficult, IMHO.