Urgent Help needed with S7 200

Preeya

Hi everyone, I have a siemens S7 200 PLC CPU type 222. By mistake a downloaded a CPU 224 program on it. The download was not sucessful but it did say Parity error.

Now it doesn't communicate with my computer. My computer port settings are Ok and the cable is fine. All the communication settings are correct. ALso there is no system fault on the PLC.

It was communicating well this morning before I tried to download this program. But now it doesn't!!

Does anyone know a solution?? I have to test a program today. Please help me..
Thanks

I have only one PLC with CPU 222. There was a sample program for the panelview that I downloaded. But that program was of CPU 224. I did not notice it then.

Now the communication settings are all the same. I did not change any baud rates. It did not even fully download the program of CPU 224. It said some parity error and stopped downloading.

Now it is not communicating at all... What should I do? DO you thikn it would work if I contact Siemens?? Anyone have any support contact information??

You can always try contacting Siemens. But I would also try to contact the person that sold you the unit in the first place. Maybe he encountered the problem before.

THe cpu 222 is it a brand new one ?

It grabs the comms port on plc power up and returns the plc to factory defaults. Useful if someone has put both ports in freeport mode, or you don't know the comms parameters.
There are instructions when you run the program.

Does the wipe out uninstall the MicroWIN software or clear PLC?

I did contact siemens and surprised to find that they were very helpful. I found that although the communication settings were set to 9.6kbps. The system block of the file I downloaded had 19.2 Kbps. So it was a baud rate problem.

Now I set it back to 9.6Kbps and it works.. :D Thanks for all your replies..

Oh I just saw your reply paraffin power..

so it does reset to factory settings.. interesting..

Read from a Bar code reader

I people, i need to read from a barcode reader i have a s7-200 cpu 222, i trie a lot of samples but nothing happen.

I just need a simple program that read a barcode y if ok, turn on Q0.0 per example

please, i really need samebody help me!!!!

best regards, Mariano