RSNetWorx for DeviceNet version conflict?

Terrence_H

Hi all.
I am kinda new at the RSNetWorx thing, but know just a little. The probelm I have is That I am setting up a new Network with only 2 nodes.
One is the 1769_SDN scanner and the other a 3rd party Servo Drive (Control techniques).
The problem I have is that I am trying to configure the SDN scanner with RSNetWorx, When I go "Online" to the network it sees the 1769-SDN scanner but says it is not recognised. I have loaded the EDS files for that SDN scanner. But still says not recognised. If I double click on the Not Recognised device, it says it is not registered. So I try registering it again with the EDS files, but still says not recognised.
Is it because I am running a old version of RSNetWorx. and not a new version.
I have version "Revision Product" 3.21.00 (Build 27)
The SDN scanner has Major Rev 4 and Minor Rev 2.
I have double checked the EDS fiels and am certain I am loading the correct EDS files, (infact I loaded all 4 files to make sure)
Do I need a New Version of RSNetWorx, maybe version 10 that is out? Hopefully I can use it as a Demo version as I don't need the full version. (just useing 2 nodes)
Thanx

Ah Thought I'd just mention that the RSNetWorx network sees the Control techniques drive and I maped it and everything. Just trying to do the same with the SDN scanner.

After trying to register the SDN, I get this Message:
The Following error occurred parsing the EDS file: ' Invalid entry in memory Table's'. Contact your vendor for an updated EDS file.

Now I have downloaded the newest EDS file from the AB website,and this is that is the message I get, so I know I have the correct EDS file. You think it is the RSNetWorx Software I need to upgrade ?

RSNetworx v3 was released long before the CompactLogix existed, so it's probably choking on the 32-bit definition for the scanner's I/O table. It's probably more than ten years out of date.

Get RSNetworx for DeviceNet v10. The software still works in "demo mode" for nodes 0 through 5.

You'll have to get it through your RA distributor; it's not a free download, because the demo mode was only distributed as part of Starter Kits.