Speed regulations

Jeff is right of course. He is too nice of a guy to tell you that he gave you a simplistic answer because your question(s) were so lacking in info that a good answer isn't possible. I'm not a nice guy, so I can say that you don't stand a chance of making this work without a better understanding of the mechanical system and electrical hardware. Once you have that sorted out then the programming becomes simple.

Saying you have a 24 valve doesn't get us far. Is it AC or DC? Is it a solenoid valve? If so you are out of luck. Is is a motor operated ball valve? Not common in hydraulics, but possible. Do you have position feedback? Do you have speed feedback on your motor? Does the valve have postion feedback? Is their a separate valve position command analog signal? Are there limit switches?

And on and on. You need to get a better understanding of your mechanical system and hardware, convey it to us, and then you can get more useful suggestions for solving your problem.

Tom this guy us a student and had posted this atleast 4 times. Everytime he had gotten dome great info from every body.
Bernie told him to slow down the motor turn it off. To speed up turn it on.

There may be another smoke and mirrors starting because of this guy.

Don is reposting the same request
we have been asking the same questions back
this time it is a Mits PLC
OK
you have a hydraulic motor - a solenoid valve and a PLC
BUT what else is in the system

Hydraulic speed control is done by restricting the oil flow to a device
the solenoid is traditionally used to turn it on or off.

I now ask yo the same question I have asked you before

WHAT IS YOUR PROJECT
HOW DO YOU WANT IT TO WORK

Don we are trying to help

you have ignored every response when we ask you a question

your "SPEED" thread has still not been answered

You are still posting multiple threads for the same answers

Don is reposting the same request
we have been asking the same questions back
this time it is a Mits PLC
OK
you have a hydraulic motor - a solenoid valve and a PLC
BUT what else is in the system

Hydraulic speed control is done by restricting the oil flow to a device
the solenoid is traditionally used to turn it on or off.

I now ask yo the same question I have asked you before

WHAT IS YOUR PROJECT
HOW DO YOU WANT IT TO WORK

Don we are trying to help

you have ignored every response when we ask you a question

your "SPEED" thread has still not been answered

You are still posting multiple threads for the same answers

Original poster I make a couple assumptions here
1. You are a student who has only access to paper - no hands on lab. In that case GET YOURSELF TO A BETTER SCHOOL
2. you are just throwing parts together to see if something can run. In that case you need to come up with a
PURPOSE of the machine ie what it does
EVALUATION of needed components ie torque demand by pump and RPM. Then you have a rough idea of what motor you need. Now that you have gotten this far you can select controls ie single speed variale speed or whatever you want it to do.

Now then here is what I completely fail to understand
IF you have done all the above
WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO SHARE THE INFO
OR
WHY DO YOU REFUSE TIME AFTER TIME THE CRYSTAL BALL FOR US TO USE TO READ YOUR MIND

Iant I think the second post is justification for us doubling our rates.

Dan Bentler.

OK - I've just been through the other posts. I was suckered in, a position I resent being in!

If you executive problem solvers at Smoke and Mirrors LLC need someone to carry your briefcase and toolbox let me know. I think I'm qualified for that, and my passport is up to date.

I have a 17 page Mathcad simulation of a hydraulic motor, valve, PID controller, target generator ,accumulator and hydraulic pump. I can change the torque load and watch how the control is affected. I plot position, velocity, acceleration, torques, pressures, flows as a function of time. It finds these value by integrating 8 or 9 differential equations simultaneously. I could post it but I don't think it would do any good.

OK i solved half the prolem in my lab. frist I hooked wires to a monkey and trained the monkey to turn a pressure regulator to the left one turn at a time per pulse to its left side and one turn to the right for each pulse to its right side. but i still need to write some logic for this any help would be welcome. and PS no monkeys were harmed in this test, Steve

Looks to me like the Old SMOKE and MIRRORS CO. is definitely still growing

Looks to me like the Old SMOKE and MIRRORS CO. is definitely still growing

It has come to my atenshun that the name SMOKE and MIRRORS should stand alone with respekt for Perpetuity.

By virtu of the powers vested in me and my hi levl exekutive comand level athority the organization henceforth shall be known as
SMOKE IN MIRRORS.

Dan Bentler