SCHNEIDER PRM Module with M340

mosama

I'm going to use PRM module (TCS EGPA23F14F) with M340 PAC to communicate with S7300 CPU314C-2DP. My question is: should I use I/O scanner module (NOE module) for M340 or I can use only the integrated ethernet port of the CPU ???

I don't think you have an option - If I recall when I considered using this device I needed to use the IOScanner service. Since the M340 processor Ethernet port does not support IOScanner, then you would have to use an NOE0100/0110 device (or maybe a NOC0401 - this has IOScanner, but I don't know if it will work).

Thank you Robert. The user guide of the PRM module states that:

"The configuration must include a Modbus TCP Ethernet port to scan the PRM. It can be an Ethernet communication module (ETY or NOE) or the Premium / Quantum CPU embedded port where an IO scanner can be configured."

I just wanted to confirm this. Thanks again

What is required for this PRM module (TCS EGPA23F14F), the catalog says:
TCX PBS CA 100 = PROFIBUS DP connection cable - 100 m
490 NAD 911 03 = Line terminator
490 NAD 911 04 = Intermediate Connection
490 NAD 911 05 = Intermediate connection and terminal port

Which one should I use of these terminators ???

Thank you

What is required for this PRM module (TCS EGPA23F14F), the catalog says:
TCX PBS CA 100 = PROFIBUS DP connection cable - 100 m
490 NAD 911 03 = Line terminator
490 NAD 911 04 = Intermediate Connection
490 NAD 911 05 = Intermediate connection and terminal port

Which one should I use of these terminators ???

Thank you

Can someone tell me which terminators are needed for this module ??

The PRM module is connected to the plc through the ethernet port so a standard cat5 cable is used on this side.
On the Profibus side you can just use standard Profibus cable and connectors (except if connecting to TeSysU then you need special 4 wire cables and connectors)