ALG223 Module Is it possible?

jcp

Hi Experts!
I have some limited resources. I need help on the following idea?
I have 10 slot chasis and now all the modules place. I have four Analog signal extra and have one point on the module. First i mentioned these signals are used just for reading the values and pass it to HMI. No concern with controling the bit on and off. I have a 4 way selector switch if i attached four signals to respective deck of selector switch and pass the common point to the module. when i want to read the values i select the switch and values passes to the HMI and save it into the user defind tag.
When chnage the selector switch from one position to the other a break occur then what happen? Is it dengerous for the module? or if any one have idea please guide me?
Regards

hi
I download the article and read but there is no idea how to use one channel with four inputs via selector? is it used?
Regards

The open circuit on an analog input is not dangerous. It will either go to zero if it's a mA input, or if it's a voltage input it may go to some arbitrary value (or zero) depending on how the input module is wired externally and internally. But it should not damage the module.

You may need to make changes in your program to account for the break, so you don't alarm the system, or the sudden change in the analog value may cause unexpected program results, etc.