PLC 1 AI, 1 AO needed

Wino

I need a cheap PLC that has a single analog input and a single analog output. I don't care about the programming interface itself, unless I'm stuck buying a ton of software to do some simple conversions. This is for a customer who wants to do a simple voltage to current conversion. I've offered a custom analog solution (electronic circuitry vice PLC) as well as the PLC solution, and am waiting to hear his response/decision.

I am familiar with most major brands of PLC's. If LOGO! or Pico now do analog inputs and outputs, then either of those would fit the bill. Last time I checked, these were both DI/DO only. I don't want to get an entire system for just this simple change, but I think the customer may not want custom electronics either. I'm just not as up on modern PLC's as many of the folks here. I guess I'm just lazy, but I know that salesmen hang out here sometimes, and this time, their input is actually being solicited.

Having more than one AI/AO would (obviously) not be a problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wino

Duh! Yep. That'll do. I just don't tend to think about new designs/parts when folks are asking for field modifications to old equipment.

Thanks for the quick responses.

:) i was thinking about being a plc addict when i suggest to use a plc instead of more than 2 timers but to convert volts to miliamp it can be an option too but i believe the converter would do it better

This thread got me thinking about the new Micro810 from Allen Bradley.

One brochure states that the base Micro810 unit can have the additional 2 channel analog out module installed. The instructions I have with my 810 does not state this it will accept an expansion module (and there is no place to put it on mine). You will have to call AB and let them answer this.

You might have to get the 830 with the plug in module. The smallest 830 is $179 and the 2 channel output is $89 - for a total of $268 (LIST). Software is free. This does compare to the list price of the signal conditioners on the Omega site (the DRG is $269). The biggest benefit of the signal conditioner is no programming to learn - just DIP switches.

Geniusintraining had a thread where he tried these with analog out ( http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=64632&highlight=micro ).