RSlogix Emulate 500

showshocka

I did enough to get the project to go online using emulate. I forced on I:6/11, why is my timer T4:15 not timing? how do i get the routine to to scan/run?

500emulate.jpg

ya.. is lad68 even ran? Not a silly question Steven.. gotta start with the basics first. Sometimes it's the simple things.

maybe it't too quick to see.. 165 hundreths of a second

Last edited:
ya.. is lad68 even ran? Not a silly question Steven.. gotta start with the basics first. Sometimes it's the simple things.

maybe it't too quick to see.. 165 hundreths of a second

Very true I have done this a few times myself and wondered why a new ladder was not running program lol I kick myself after.

:p

lets start over...."I did enough to get the project to go online using emulate. I forced on I:6/11, why is my timer T4:15 not timing? how do i get the routine to to scan/run?"

500emulate.jpg

Hello there showshocka in lad2 - JSRS add at the bottom a new rung and add a JSR instruction click the new instruction and put in the number 68 as Mark has demostrated that is what you need to add at the end. If you need anymore help let us know. If it still dont work can you add a screen shot of LAD 2 please. hth regards Steve.

With the SLC, only LAD 2 runs when the PLC is powered up and first put into run mode.

If you want to program more ladder files, each of them must be called using a JSR instruction.

Only file 2 runs automatically every time.

Also run a cross-reference to make sure T4:15 is not being used elsewhere in the program. If it was used on a different timer, then the .EN bit would just sit and flicker, while the Accumulated Value would not increase.

In general, forcing an Input does change the input data table and that's what the SLC controllers (and the Emulator) consider when evaluating the rung.

Confused about your program...

Possibly OT, but I can't understand the function of your timer as it is written in your program.

The timer will time out every time the PE is made with the /TT seal-in. Also your C5:8 will increment every time the PE is made. I assume the PE will see every case that exits the packer, so how do you differentiate between the length of one case, or a "double" when the eye is continuously blocked?

Why not just set T4:15.PRE to somewhat longer than the time it takes for a normal case to pass the eye, then XIC I:6/11 with a branch of XIC T4:15/DN to turn on the timer. You can also use your done bit to turn on an alarm.

So instead of using your done bit as an XIO after your branch in the timer rung, use it as your seal-in. Then XIO your alarm reset PB, or bit from your HMI or whatever alarm reset method you have.

There may be something I'm missing, but it just looked to me like what you have there isn't going to work, or at least is needlessly complicated.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

I think the point of the timer is that once the photo eye's light beam is blocked, if it turns off then on again within 1.65 seconds, it means a box was stuck to the one in front of it.

The logic for the timer looks sound. I don't see (or maybe don't understand) how your suggestions would work the same way as his method does.

I think the point of the timer is that once the photo eye's light beam is blocked, if it turns off then on again within 1.65 seconds, it means a box was stuck to the one in front of it.

The logic for the timer looks sound. I don't see (or maybe don't understand) how your suggestions would work the same way as his method does.

I hadn't considered that, if that is how the process works, then I was oversimplifying it.

I assumed that the photo eye would be blocked continuously in the event of two cases taped together, at least that is how I've usually seen it happen.

Your explanation makes perfect sense if there were a small gap between two cases that a conveyor is trying to pull apart, but a strip of tape is holding together, then the p.e. would blink and the counter would count twice.

Just curious, is all.

Hello there showshocka in lad2 - JSRS add at the bottom a new rung and add a JSR instruction click the new instruction and put in the number 68 as Mark has demostrated that is what you need to add at the end.
i see that mark has only rung 0000 and 0001 (end) where would i be putting that new rung? before the end at the end i have already? i have 0095 rungs in lad2 where would i put the new JSR instruction and "end" instruction exactly?